First – and finally! – there’s an enormous batch of node strings en route to our shop. The factory ended up being about 10 days late with the delivery, but we’re super excited. This shipment contains 300+ strings of 42 nodes. About 2/3 are spoken for already, and the factory is making several hundred more strings in addition.
If you’ve placed an order in the past few weeks, this is the shipment we’re waiting for.
225 pounds worth.
Next, a quick preview of the soon-to-be-released E16 Ethernet Node Controller.
- Receives Art-Net 2.0 and (coming soon) E1.31 control data.
- Input frame rate of up to 44 Hz
- Drives 16 strings of 42 nodes, using between 1 and 4 universes of data
- Simple web-based configuration wizard. Node count, universe number, string start address and more can be set on a per-string basis.
- Matching 5V / 50A power supply takes up less counter space (!) than the E16 controller itself.
- Fuse per output for sleep-at-night safety.
- Built-in test patterns for confirming wiring & string assignments, no ethernet connection required.
Below are a couple screen shots taken from the web-based configurator.
I’ve been playing with an early prototype E16 controller for the past few days and can’t stop smiling. It’s amazing.